Reporting to the Director of Engineering, The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing new programs to meet specified financial, quality, timing, and operational requirements. The PM will drive the actions that achieve results in the key areas of safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and inventory to support the manufacturing vision. This role requires a cross-functional, business-minded leader capable of developing a robust set of processes capable of delivering projects deliverables of delivery, cost, quality, and operational requirements. The PM will be essential in leading the on-time and clear communications between the commercial, engineering and operational teams at ILC and DRW. The PM will be a high-potential role for a leader, manager, innovator, mentor and driver for the organization.
- Complete ownership of a project/program development and launch for ILC from the point of sales award through SOP + 90 days, including:
- Develop and track program timing, costs, and recovery (customer and internal) between DRW and ILC.
- Manage engineering changes (component and final parts) including cost, timing, and receipts.
- Single point of elevation for critical issues that would prevent meeting defined goals/metrics.
- Manage APQP meetings (internal and external).
- Maintain compliance with quality systems for design, product validation, program management and others as applicable.
- Initiate, coordinate, and lead internal launch readiness reviews.
- Prepare for, coordinate, and lead customer launch readiness reviews as required.
- Evaluate launch performance for continuous improvements.
- Other projects as required either internally or by the customer.
- Collaborates with ILC Engineering regarding product development, design concepts, and specification requirements to best utilize manufacturing capabilities and supply chain.
- Initiate and drive cross-functional communication with sales, marketing, operations, engineering, and finance to create robust operational alignment.
- Consult with the management of all functional departments to ensure alignment and effectiveness in driving continuous improvement and organic growth.
- Additional projects or assignments as needed to support the business.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited College or University with a focus in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or the appropriate skills and experience to perform the role at a high level of success.
- Preferred Master’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance Or the combined work experience to perform the duties at a high level of success.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant and progressive high-volume manufacturing experience. Automotive experience a plus
- Language; Mandarin a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Understanding of a variety of operational excellence and continuous improvement competencies including yet not limited to: Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Visual Management, Project Management, APQP, and DFMA principles.
- Proven experience with strong project management, budgeting, and planning capabilities to accurately capture manufacturing efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical, strategic, problem-solving experience; displaying an ability to work effectively within complex decision making and organizational structures.
- Ability to lead and coordinate successful cross-functional improvements with analytical skills, including the use of root cause problem-solving tools with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers and executive level management; influencing without authority and managing stakeholders/clients’ expectations.
- Strong leadership and teaming capabilities with the ability to operate independently, affect change across functions, and have a track record of delivered results.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to achieve organizational objectives; with an ability to problem solve and facilitate solutions with limited direction.
- Exceptional negotiation, written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/work streams simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ERP systems (EPICOR).
- Travel – 30% may be required both domestically and internationally to support our customers, our programs and our strategic growth objectives.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Fournier at email@example.com.