Buyer - Technical/Manufacturing
The Buyer is responsible for procuring parts and materials necessary to fulfill order requirements and maintain inventory levels.
- Orders, checks and expedites purchases of parts and materials.
- Ensures that parts and materials arrive as scheduled.
- Ensures that appropriate lead times are achieved.
- Completes and maintains records including purchase orders and purchasing reports.
- Maintains purchasing files.
- Maintains current cost data for all items purchased.
- Ensures that all materials ordered meet applicable specifications.
- Expedites purchase orders and updates information in system as necessary.
- Identifies and addresses purchasing and inventory problems or discrepancies.
- Generates the return of material to manufacturers.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Interfaces with Customer Service and Sales Rep. in order to provide the customer with accurate responses to inquiries in a courteous and prompt manner.
- Works closely with Warehouse, Accounting, Engineering, and Quality Control to ensure procurement planning and system accuracy.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with vendors.
- Processes all purchase orders, returns etc. to be completed in the given time frame.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Perform duties to AS/ISO and applicable procedures and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 5 years in a Purchasing Role
- Experience with a Metal Fabrication/Manufacturing and components and processes thereof
- Prefer experience with Logistics, in transportation from China/Taiwan
- Experience working with ERP Systems, Prefer Epicor
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office, mainly Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment efficiently & accurately
- Team player with positive professional image
- Very detailed oriented and committed to 100% accuracy
- Good oral communications skills with proven ability to communicate work results to supervisor and other personnel
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org.