ILC is a leader in the design and manufacturing of engineered access and security solutions. It is our mission to relentlessly focus on our key markets to invent valued solutions while creating an exceptional business experience for our partners. We drive operational excellence into our processes and capabilities while continuously creating growth for our employees, partners and shareholders. We create the pathway for growth as we solve our partner’s design challenges through engineering, manufacturing and adaptive technologies. ILC operates three factories globally in the USA, China and Taiwan. We have 500+ global employees and ILC is a division of The Eastern Company.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will have primary responsibility for internal commercial activities including order entry, order confirmation, technical assistance, and successful customer resolutions. Through continual and pervasive improvement of our customer service levels and organizational awareness, this individual will drive business improvement and competitive advantage with our level of service. The CSR will be responsible for managing and providing inspired leadership their respective key accounts. The CSR is expected to collaborate successfully with the business functions across all areas of the company. The CSR will be highly attuned to our 80/20 philosophy, customer-centric in thought, move with a high sense of urgency and be incredibly proactive in exceeding our annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- The CSR is the voice of the company in their customer service role. The CSR must drive themselves to have the commitment necessary to achieve a high level of success in their objectives.
- Provide the leadership, technical oversight as well as general direction, scheduling, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities for themselves, our customers and our distributors. Including the proper application of 80/20, product line simplification and commercial minimums.
- Interface with cross functional organizational teams and key stakeholders to ensure both the customer needs & regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
- Identify new market trends and opportunities to leverage new / emerging technologies or products to provide a higher level of service to drive deeper account penetration and overall revenue growth.
- Inspire the customer. The ideal CSR understands that supporting their customer is the most critical role they perform, to achieve this they are open and approachable, engage with their people individually to understand how to most effectively coach and motivate them and invest time in developing the relationship. They build a work environment where other associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service. You will be responsible for using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities for improved service.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited College or University with a focus in Business, Engineering, Accounting, Economics or another STEM subject.
- Or 4 years of combined work experience to perform the duties at a high-level of success coupled with a HS diploma.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer facing role, preferably in customer service, call center or retail sales.
- General technical knowledge, Plastics, Metal and Assembly methods/processes/
- Ability to engage other functional teams to ensure appropriate quality, direction, capacity and support of customer issues or concerns.
- An understanding of 80/20 and how it applies to our business, our customers, our products and our processes. Including relating our commercial minimums to our customers to help drive operational efficiencies. Ability to balance customer requirements with the health of our business.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Office products, CRM software and ERP systems.
- Strong listening skills and positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Takes action on emerging issues and opportunities.
- Understand the performance bar and wants to reach past it.
- Minimal travel – 10 - 20% may be required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Fournier at email@example.com.