ILC is a leader in the design and manufacturing of engineered access and security solutions. It is our mission to relentlessly focus on our key markets to invent valued solutions while obsessing on creating an exceptional business experience for our partners. We will drive operational excellence into our processes and capabilities while continuously creating growth for our employees, partners and shareholders. We create the pathway for growth as we solve our partner’s design challenges through engineering, manufacturing and adaptive technologies. ILC operates three factories globally in the USA, China and Taiwan with 500+ global employees. ILC is a division of The Eastern Company (Nasdaq: EML).
The Channel Manager (CM) will have primary responsibility for distribution activities; driving revenue and margin outcomes for their key channels and key products. Through continual and pervasive improvement of channel penetration, organizational awareness and opportunity mapping, this individual will drive business growth and competitive advantage, while creating new areas of growth for the organization. The Channel Manager may be responsible for managing and providing leadership to a team of professional manufacturer representatives. It may also be necessary for the CM to provide field assistance with authorized distributors. The CM is expected to collaborate successfully with the business functions across all areas of the company. The CM will be highly attuned to our 80/20 philosophy, customer-centric in thought, move with a high sense of urgency and be incredibly proactive in exceeding our annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The Channel Manager understands and communicates the ELG mission, vision, strategy and goals.
- The Channel Manager is the face of the company in their respective customer and business engagements. The CM must drive themselves and have the commitment to the required to achieve a high level of success with their business objectives.
- Work with the Director of Sales to develop and produce the Channel sales plan to support the ELG strategic planning process. Include the key markets, key channels and key products that define the expected double-digit growth.
- Define the channel model as it currently exists and then define the vision moving forward to provide sustainable and incremental growth. Include in the model the channels, channels partners or other conduits.
- Achieve the sales volume, margin and profit goals for all assigned channels.
- Build and nurture a personal relationship with key channels to pro-actively identify channel and markets needs while simultaneously helping them understand the ILC capabilities.
- The CM will provide the leadership, technical oversight as well as general direction, scheduling, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities for themselves and their channels. Including the proper application of 80/20, product line simplification and commercial minimums.
- Partner with operations, engineering, marketing and product management to ensure on-going alignment with market needs and the creation of market driven solutions.
- Interface with cross functional organizational teams and key stakeholders to ensure designs and products meet both customer needs & regulatory requirements
- Create personal strategies and implement to meet the organizational goals and objectives
- Identifies new market trends and opportunities to leverage new / emerging technologies or products and takes active role in generating the opportunity maps and overall pipeline.
- Attends the Critical to Close project reviews to constructively assist and drive the key projects needed to reach the expected goals and revenue targets.
- Conduct the necessary face to face meetings and hold the maximum amount of solution seminars to generate an opportunity pipeline, more than 300%, above the annual sales targets.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited College or University with a focus in Engineering, Accounting or another STEM subject.
- Or the combined work experience to perform the duties at a high-level of success.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in customer service, sales, marketing, product management or operations.
- Broad process/Technical knowledge, Plastics, Metal and Assembly methods/processes
- Past experience or familiarity with a publicly-owned, OEM manufacturing organization.
- Has demonstrated a successful track record of organizational development and delivering or executing products/projects successfully to market/business.
- Demonstrates past success of driving individual projects from concept through development and production, and into the market in a timely and predictable manner
- Technical depth: understands the importance of utilizing fundamental engineering principles in solution development and embeds best practices, critical thinking and deep product understanding to ensure project achievement.
- Competitive and technology landscape: Has developed and incorporated planning and discussions to stay ahead of the market place with raised awareness of competitive technologies, disruptive technologies, and recommendations for technology direction from her / his customers.
- Cross-functional influence: Influenced other functional teams to ensure appropriate functional quality, direction, capacity and support.
- Experience with industrial, automotive, medical or aerospace channels or end-markets.
- An understanding of 80/20 and how it applies to our business, our customers, our products and our processes.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to excellence. Ability to balance customer requirements with the health of our business.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Office products, CRM software and ERP systems.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Initiative & Decision-making
- Analysis & Quality of work
- Written & Verbal communication
- Continuous Improvement
- Management & Leadership
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Fournier at email@example.com.